Location Based Content Delivery
The Location Based Content Delivery (LBCD) is the interactive component of the PREVIEW system.
This subsystem enables to deliver injection moulding machine and process information to the operator’s portable device (e.g. tablet/smartphone). Amongst other features, the LBCD acts as the information gateway to the following:
● Machine instruction/operation manuals
● Machine information (e.g. model, tonnage, etc.)
● Manufacturing floorplan/layout
● Process information (e.g. produced part, mould, polymer used)
● Predictive data (enables communication with PREVIEW’s main server to access process fine-tuning recommendations)
● Operator’s indoor positioning
To gain access to the information of specific injection machines, the LBCD benefits from the use of low energy Bluetooth beacons (BLE). These beacons enable the definition of virtual geographic boundaries, or geofences, where the operator can track its position with regards to the location of multiple injection machines within a large manufacturing floorplan. In this way, as the operator walks around the factory instantaneous notifications are activated as he/she enters the machine’s signal reach zone.